The Resident Selection Committee chooses one or two residents each year from applications submitted through the National Residency Matching Program’s ERAS. The Committee consists of Attending Faculty members and the current Chief Resident. The Program Director presides the committee.
The application deadline is usually October 31st of the preceding academic year. In addition to the completed ERAS application, the following requirements must be met, when applicable:
- Graduated from an LCME Accredited School
- Medical School Transcript
- ECFME certificate if Foreign Medical School Graduated
- USMLE, step 1 & 2
- Curriculum vitae and personal statement
- The candidate must be fully bilingual (English/Spanish)
- The committee can request additional information to applicants, (i.e., surgery in training exam)
- Rotation on our service is highly recommended
Favorable candidates will be invited to interview in January or February.
Application records of candidates not selected will be kept in file for one year. If the applicant does not reactivate his application within this time, the records will be destroyed.