All applications to the University of Puerto Rico – Graduate Medical Education residencies must include these materials as supporting documentation:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Describe your activities with professional societies, publications, and any other relevant information about your education or experience.
- Personal Statement (be specific concerning your professional goals in our program)
- e.g. General Surgery Interests, Research and Fellowship training interests.
- Official Final Transcripts:
- Transcripts must indicate degree earned and date conferred from each medical, undergraduate and/or graduate school you attended with Grade Point Average (G.P.A). If you receive an appointment, official copies will be requested.
- Provide certified or notarized English translations of documents originally written in a language other than English.
- Fill out the National Residency Matching Program Application Form (CLICK HERE!).
- Application forms should be sent through ERAS (CLICK HERE!).
- Letter from the Dean of the School of Medicine stating your academic rank in your class and moral qualities.
- Official test transcripts for all applicable examinations:
- Evidence of having approved the USMLE Step 1 and 2CK & 2CS and/or the Puerto Rico Board of Medical Examiners Parts I and II. If you receive an appointment, official copies will be requested.
- Copy of Diploma from your Medical School.
- Copy of completion certificate from each of your prior residency and/or fellowship training programs.
- Fully bilingual (strongly recommended) – English/Spanish.
- Two letters of recommendation preferably from surgeons of Puerto Rico.
If Foreign Medical School Graduate:
- Valid ECFMG certificate required if you graduated from a medical school outside the U.S. or Canada.
- Visa permit if currently not a United States Citizen