Dr. Segundo Rodriguez Quilichini MD // Dra. Marcia Cruz et. all
- Genomic Imprinting and the IGF2 Clinicopathologic Axix
- Familial Colorectal Cancer in Puerto Rico: A feasibility Study
- Chemoprevention of Colorectal adenomas with crucumin in FAP
- Merck Research Foundation Grant, Puerto Rico Colon Cancer Education and Outreach Program
- Microbicide Safety and Acceptability in young men, Project GEL Clinical Phase 1 (Consultant and Collaborator)
Dr. Edna Mora MD and Dr. Reynold Lopez MD
- Responsiveness of Human Breast Cancer Cells to IL-3 and Metastatic Potential
- Incidence of HPV-16, Alterations in p53, CENP-F, ras, c-myc, and cyclin D1 genes in Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Head and Neck
- Non-toxic Antimetastatic Agents in Human Breast Tumor Growth
- Genetic Alterations in Cell Cycle Regulators in Malignant Mesotheliomas Induced by Asbestos Fibers
- Identification and Isolation of Cancer Genes in the Puerto Rican Population
- Molecular Genetics in von Hippel-Lindau Disease
- Barriers to Breast Cancer Health Care in Puerto Rico
Dr. Eduardo A. Santiago Delpín MD and Dr. Zulma González MD
Transplant Surgery Research
Dr. Norma Cruz Mendieta MD
Plastic Surgery of the Breast
Database for Plastic Surgery procedures and outcomes- Currently on its second year this database contains basic demographic data, general clinical information pertinent to the surgery, type of surgery performed and the 30 day postoperative complications.
- Breastfeeding after augmentation mammaplasty- This clinical study collected information on the breastfeeding success of women who had undergone breast augmentation with implants
- Identifying glycan biomarkers for breast cancer- Tissue samples from women undergoing cosmetic surgery are compared to samples from breast cancer patients to evaluate for the presence of glycan biomarkers. Consultant role in this research (Dr. Dipak K. Banerjee is the PI).
Database for surgical procedures- Currently on its first year this database contains basic demographic information and pertinent clinical data of all surgery performed by the Department of Surgery.
Dr. Humberto Lugo MD
Pediatric Surgery Research
‘Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Study Group’ Ten Year Experience at the University Pediatric Hospital Associated with Dr. Pedro Serrano/Dr. Gloria Reyes Fellow and Assistant Professor Pediatrics respectively Part of the Congenital Diaphragmatic Study Group run by the ELSO and Critical Care Subcommittee of the American Pediatric Surgical Association
Dr. Oscar Lugo González MD
- Creation of a Surgical procedure database for the Department of Surgery
- Project GEL Clinical phase 1 (Collaborator)
Dr. Natalio Izquierdo
- Geographic survey of patients with the Marfan syndrome in PR.
(Aquino Víctor, Garcia Omar, Izquierdo Natalio) on going
- Ophthamic findings in patients with the Oculocutaneous Albinism type 1A and the G47D mutation: A case report. (Rodriguez Ferdinand, Cardilla MC, Izquierdo Natalio) on going
- Ocular findings in patients with the Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome (Jardón Javier, García Omar, Cadilla MC and Izquierdo Natalio) submitted.