Admission requirements to apply for Residency position at the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology include:
Graduates of Schools of Medicine accredited by the LCME
- Fill out the NRMP application form.
- Fill out the ERAS application form (Until November 15) and submit:
- Official transcript of credits from your pre-medical institution.
- Official transcript of credits from your medical school.
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation with your academic ranking in terms of the group and your personal qualifications.
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably from faculty in Ob-Gyn or related that have directly supervised your work as a medical student.
- Official evidence of having approved the USMLE Part I and II (CS & CK) in no more than two attempts.
- Curriculum vitae
- ECFMG Certification for foreign medical students
- Candidates must be bilingual (English and Spanish).
- Junior Internship (4 to 6 weeks) in our service is highly recommended. The requirements for the rotation are:
- Medical Students – Make arrangements between the Medical School of the Students and the School of Medicine of the University of Puerto Rico.
- Residents – a formal letter from your program requesting the rotation including possible dates, Letter of Agreement between Programs, apply for a Provisional License in Puerto Rico (Internet application at http://www.salud.gov.pr) and the certification of malpractice Insurance coverage.
- Physicians – a formal letter requesting the rotation including possible dates, a Provisional License in Puerto Rico (Internet application at http://www.salud.gov.pr) and the certification of malpractice Insurance coverage.