The Pediatric Alumni Society was created as a vehicle to congregate graduates from the Residency and Fellowship Programs from the Department of Pediatrics of the UPR School of Medicine. The Society is committed to the continuous education of its members on the highest standards in patient care as provided by evidence-based medicine. PAS will also be the forum for delivering clear and appropriate public information and defense of children and adolescent health.
WHO CAN BE A MEMBER?
- Graduate Member: All pediatricians who graduated from the Department of Pediatrics of the UPR School of Medicine
- Faculty Member: Any doctor who is or has been an active faculty of the Department of Pediatrics of the UPR School of Medicine
- In-Training Member: Every doctor currently training in the residency program or in any of the fellowships offered in the Department of Pediatrics of the UPR School of Medicine.
- Student Member: Any student of the UPR School of Medicine who has in anyway been involved with the Department of Pediatrics either as part of a rotation or doing research with any of our faculty members.
- Honorary Member: Any person who has done an outstanding service for the betterment of Medical Science and the health of our children regardless whether or not they graduated from the Department of Pediatrics of the University of Puerto Rico School Of Medicine. The candidate will be selected by the Member Admission Committee and will be presented to the Board of Members for his or her ratification.